Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bandsaw: Update 13

 EHH...
Here I've prepped some scrap 1/4" plywood for the motor pulley cover.

I cut out part of a piece of 2x6 (?) with the proper curvature for the pulley clearance.

I then cut the piece from the 2x6 and place it on the plywood.

Along with a straight piece, I glued it to the plywood.

A quick pass on the table saw brought the curved piece to its proper thickness. I cut out clearance for the motor

I glued the other side onto the curved piece.

A cutout for the motor shaft was done later. I used the bandsaw and oscillating spindle sander to remove the excess. 

I glued some maple veneer to the cover using all of my bar clamps.

 I glued some bits of poplar around the blade to cover it.

 Here's a good shot of the channel that the blade travels up through. I afterwards trimmed any excess wood away and veneered the channel. No binding for this section.

I added some extra binding to the upper enclosure door. The pulley cover is just resting on the pulley. I have yet to figure out a way to mount it. This cover will eventually get binding.

Another shot. 

The bottom underneath the table has the lower blade guide and blade exposed. Covering it will help control dust. It will only be installed when the table is set to 0 degrees. Here, 1/4" plywood is being veneered on both sides with maple. I chose to laminated both sides to keep things symmetrical which will prevent warping.

 Some extra 3/4" plywood and smaller bits form a box that is contoured to cover all exposed areas.

Here it is held in place. It will get binding. I imagine a bolt into the frame will suffice to hold it in place.

More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment